Thursday, October 12, 2006

Why Dock Ellis Should Not Be Permitted to Shop...

All right. He should be permitted to shop. With a disclaimer or a warning sign.

A few years ago, while trolling Crabtree Valley Mall on a boring Sunday afternoon, Dock and Kodos venture into Restoration Hardware. I needed a door stop of sorts for the door between the kitchen and the dining room. I'm fussy so I was looking for something interesting but not expensive (hence the trip to the "maul" as opposed to an antique store).

Sitting on the sofa, in the spirit of Halloween (did I mention it was Halloween), was a skeleton. Dock takes the skeleton's hand, manipulates the fingers and jams them in the nasal cavity. Dock then leaves the store. Nary a staff member noticed and the skeleton was visible from the promenade in the mall, "digging for gold" as we say.

I bought a cast iron frog-prince out of guilt.

Now...Dock's newest prank is one I support. At the Barnes & Noble at Brier Creek in Raleigh, they apparently have a display of BillO's (Bill O'Reilly of Faux N00z) latest screed. Dock has repetitively gone into Barnes & Noble, picked up a copy of Keith Olbermann's Worst Person in the World book (prominently featuring O'Reilly on the cover) and strategically placed it on the stack of BillO's books, obstructing the view.

Note: he has not made any purchases at Barnes & Noble recently. He is merely engaging in tomfoolery.

Dock Ellis...the embodiment of retail horror.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 10/12/2006 08:37:00 PM , Blogger Toronto1 said...

My kinda guy. It keeps the retail clerks on there toes for the nary prankster in there stores. I remember on time in a sporting store there was a punching bag. Well I punched it a little too hard and knocked it over. Everybody stared at me like I was some nutter ( I am Canadian you know).I was laughing my ass off all the way out of the store.

 
At 10/12/2006 09:10:00 PM , Blogger Emory Mayne said...

Treat dock to a coffee, for this behavior.

I am against the burning of books, but Ann Coulter's crap should be burned. In fact Ann Coulter should be burned, using Bill O'bullshit as the ignition source.

 
At 10/12/2006 09:42:00 PM , Blogger High Priestess Kang said...

Note to self: Do not allow Howard and Dock to go shopping together. Especially if alcohol is involved.

 
At 10/12/2006 09:45:00 PM , Blogger High Priestess Kang said...

Bill O'Bullshit is good. Very good. Much better than mAnn Coulter, in fact.

I hope they both enjoy their time in hell, snuggled up next to Falwell and Rove.

 
At 10/16/2006 08:04:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trolling the maul is right. Well done, Dock.

 
At 10/16/2006 05:25:00 PM , Blogger High Priestess Kang said...

Bwah! I can never go out in public with that man again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home