Tuesday, October 03, 2006

George W. Bush Elementary...School (not logic)

Watching the news this afternoon, I learned that there is an actual George W. Bush Elementary School in Stockton, CA. Not to diminish the honor of naming public institutions after Presidents, but I do not think that naming a school after W is the wisest choice. Of all the great minds in modern day politics, Bush does not spring to mind for consideration. Not a "C" student. Rhodes Scholars, that I could support. Slacker who rides Daddy's coat-tails into institutions of higher learning...not really.

This has me thinking...
  1. Do each of the students get a copy of, "My Pet Goat?"
  2. Are students destined for a life of mediocre grades?
  3. Is the school motto, "C is the key?"
  4. Of The Far Side cartoon featured below.
Maybe I'm just being brittle and prejudiced (again).


Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10/03/2006 07:00:00 PM , Blogger Toronto1 said...

That would be like naming another ship the Titanic and then sending it out into the Atlantic.
Talking real slowly, "you go to the "W" school, I go to the Reagan school."
Don't feel bad.

 
At 10/03/2006 07:24:00 PM , Blogger High Priestess Kang said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

And then we both hold hands and go off to Gerald Ford Middle Skool.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I readz real good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home