Saturday, October 14, 2006

Swahili

In the on-going pursuit of personal growth and development, I have been fortunate enough to find someone to teach me another language (because I'm a total nerd and love learning anything remotely linguistic and fancy). My recent lessons are Swahili. Mad props to Mzungu for his infinite patience and willingness to share his knowledge with me.

Here is what I have learned thus far:

Jambo - Hello (originally shared with me by my well travelled father)
Mzungu - European
U mzima - Are you well?
Habari gani - What's new?
Marahaba - Thank you
Kwa heri ya kuonana - Good bye, until we meet
Asante - Thank you
Habari za siku nyingi - How are you?

More to come in the future (I hope)!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10/16/2006 07:55:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fab idea! I shall do the same for my Urdu and Welsh.

 
At 10/16/2006 05:23:00 PM , Blogger High Priestess Kang said...

Yay!

We can have language school! I don't think Mzungu is going to teach me dirty words, though. =(

 
At 10/18/2006 07:21:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, well, we will have to use Swahili in polite company.

 
At 10/18/2006 08:27:00 PM , Blogger High Priestess Kang said...

*le sigh*

I'll see what I can do to learn some naughty words.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home