Friday, May 19, 2006

Writing style

I think of Dan Zapruder and Scooter when I think of all things literary, because they are wizards in this area. I...I am a mere amateur hack.

This is what I am pondering, however.

In casual writing, be it e-mail, forum posts, letters, etc...is it truly possible to modify your style beyond recognition? Can one really manipulate cadence, intonation, inflection and technique to the point where they can convey a message using a mask? A disguise? Trickery, perhaps?

I believe professionals can do this. But...I'm thinking more along the lines of your average bear. Is this really possible? I believe if someone forced me to write an essay without being able to use my trusty stand-by, the ellipsis, I should self-immolate on the spot.

Comments? Feedback? Kang is most curious.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 10:52:00 PM , Blogger High Priestess Kang said...

Note to readers:

My most humble apologizes for my abuse of the English language. It is late and I am lazy.

 
At 5/19/2006 11:24:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

im not shure what your talikng about, but i dont think you can pretend to be somebody else whne you write. its really hard.

 
At 5/19/2006 11:42:00 PM , Blogger High Priestess Kang said...

Very funny, DOCK.

I may have an answer to my question.

 
At 5/20/2006 01:04:00 PM , Blogger Emory Mayne said...

The answer is yes.

Thomas Jefferson was a master manipulator in his day, and used several pen names to attack his opposition.

When I through down in post or comments I do so wihout regard to form or convention. I usually only review what I have written after I his the "post" button.

Lazy ..... yes.

 
At 5/20/2006 02:29:00 PM , Blogger High Priestess Kang said...

Very interesting.

What about people with an intellect lesser than Thos Jefferson? Possible?

*kang ponders but not much, as she is feeling unusually lazy today and her excursion to Brier Creek has addled her mind*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home