Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Currently spinning

...on Kang's iPod is the Sound of Lies album by The Jayhawks. One of the better albums in my collection from one of the best, most underrated bands of recent years.

I do not know what it is about this album, but is one of the best I have heard in ages. And by album...I mean twelve to thirteen good, solid songs strung together to paint a musical portrait. Ok...it's sappy...but it is how I feel about it. No matter the mood...this album seems to fit the bill perfectly. I just love it. And...it reminds me of one of the best shows I have ever seen in my life (Cat's Cradle acoustic concert...2002, maybe).

So...for your reading pleasure, I should like to present the lyrics to the title track. I think my favorite cut on the album is Bottomless Cup. However, Sound of Lies finishes a very close second.

Sound Of Lies (Louris)

It's a matter of time
Till I fall
In the middle of the town
There stands a tall brick wall
In the middle of a dream
Where time plays in between
The sound of lies rings funny against the truth

When I was young, outspoken
(Mama said it'll work out right)
Then sixteen brought a moody star
(Mama said it'll work out right)
Mama said it'll work out right
Boulevards and green leaves billowing

It's a matter of time
Till I fall
In the middle of a town
There stands a tall brick wall
In the middle of a dream
Where time stands in between
The sound of lies rings funny
Against the truth

(©1996 Absinthe Music / Warner-Tamerlane BMI)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5/18/2006 10:55:00 PM , Blogger Emory Mayne said...

Well the least you could do is post a tune ..... Try Castpost

I will take a look at these "Jayhawkers." My musical taste is a varied and as wide as Pat's stupidity, and Bush's ignorance.

Thanks for the heads up!

 
At 5/19/2006 07:50:00 AM , Blogger High Priestess Kang said...

Castpost?

Kang will look into it today. I like what you do with your website and was wondering if that was an Emory magic trick....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home